Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why can't I write a cover letter?

So, recently received email about fabulous post-doc opportunity. It is a great fit for my research interests, at a prestigious university, in a relatively kick-ass location, balance of teaching and research, closer to family, and the supervisor is amazing. I spoke with him about it at the recent conference I attended. I need to submit my materials tomorrow. Why am I having so much trouble drafting this cover letter? I feel like a stupid idiot loser. I am seriously struggling with this letter. I worked hard today (on lots of school crap). Then I took a few hours when I got home to chill, knit, catch up on some Netflix, clear my mind of the stress, and try not freak. So, now I am supposed to be working on this letter. I really need to send the materials tomorrow and tomorrow is supposed to be a serious writing day (and a stupid faculty meeting day). So I thought I would blog away some stress. All those out there, cross your fingers for me on this. I really need this to work out. Really really.

Update: So, materials sent off tonight. It's almost 1 in the am and I am wide awake. I need this postdoc. I am going to try not to obsess over it this upcoming week.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)