Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trying desperately not to freak out...

Need to be productive. Afraid. Setting some publically (somewhat, as no one reads this) accountable goals.

1. Find latest copy of Masters/Research draft--reread
2. Meet with GA--get GA working on lots of stuff I need done
3. 13 items left to be written for exam (write at least 7)
4. Plan out timing for next few lectures of: Introduction to Basic Understanding class
5. Work on exam for Introduction to Advanced Sub-Discipline class [Worked on it, still needs work. Must be done by Thurs at 3]
6. Blog about complex feelings about Introduction to Advanced Sub-Discipline class
7. Prepare survey for Introduction to Basic Understanding class

Today, is supposed to be a writing day, but I am behind in my courses. I know I only have the energy for about 3-4 more hours of work today.

Current update: Attack of the Publisher Reps--Got ambushed by book rep. He was very nice, not particularly knowledgeable (he just took over for a merger of two major publishing houses, so he wasn't as down as I was), going to send me lots of books (yea!). As he left, he gave me gift certificate to our local coffee house, what a peach! I know that it is to make me like him and order his books, but I also like being paid (in coffee) for my time. Of course, now I it is nearly 5pm and I am way behind in this growing list of things to be done.

Next update: Almost an hour later, going home. An 8 hour on campus day is enough. going to take a bit of a break at home with some TV and dinner. Then back to work tonight. Must cross a few things off the list. Also need to read for tomorrow mornings class. Damn.

Also, still pissed at student who came by asking demanding my notes from a class she missed. This student has had classes with me before. My syllabus clearly explains that I do not give students my notes. I finally just had to respond, "I don't give out my notes." to each whine she was giving out until she finally left. Ugh.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)