Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Random Bullets of Red Tape

1. The Rambler wants to meet with me tomorrow to discuss some 'rumors about people that didnt get tenure this year.' The optimisitic interpretation is that he wants to assure me that I'll get tenure and explain why they didn't (note: they are not in my department). The slightly cynical interpetation is that he wants a new faculty member not be stressed or fearful becuase he doesn't want to institute a new job search if I leave (yet, his previous behavior negates this intreptation). The way cynical interpretation is that he wants to gossip. He claims this will take 5-10 minutes, I bet the meeting easily lasts an hour.

Update: Meeting took about 15 minutes. Felt like gossip wrapped in reassurance

2. I am on a committee. We are supposed to do X task. We are allotted a week to two weeks to do X task each time it comes around. I was given X task on Monday. I just got an email tonight (wednesday) asking if I was done with X task. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!

3. Recieved a survey that I am supposed to fill out. Sent from upper level administration, supposedly part of a national survey, but my responses are linked to a particular log-in address. Doesn't feel very secure. Seem pretty obvious that people could trace this back to my name. Lots of personal questions that I don't think are the buisness of TBU.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)