Sunday, February 24, 2008

My sweetiebear

I don't really have a sweetiebear. Of course, an avid Buffy watcher will recognize sweetiebear from a spike quote in one of the last few episodes (Spike: "The pretty necklace your sweetie-bear gave you. The one with all the power. I believe it's mine now.").

So, I don't have a sweetiebear. I was supposed to post a match profile by middle of this month (but haven't yet). I have a friend that has had some luck meeting guys there. She is pretty serious with a guy that she met there. She thinks I should do it. I told her I would post a profile by next week. Yikes.

But, I have a sort-of sweetie bear. We met through grad school/colleague/professional/conference-y things a few years ago. I had a mad crush on him for awhile. He is probably one of my closest friends from my grad school days that I didn’t actually meet in grad school. He is adorable—freakn’ adorable. And smart. He reads a lot (not just related to our profession). He makes me laugh. And he calls me 'kitten' which might sound condescending or demeaning, the sort of 'pet name' that I would hate. But I know him, and it comes from this sweet place and I can hear him smile when he says it. I hear his voice in his emails (I mean that he writes like he talks) and it puts me at ease.

A bit ago we were at a conference together. We typically spend a lot of time together at the conference. We were in our hotel room for hours just talking one afternoon. It was really nice. It was probably one of the best conversations I have had in a long time. A sentiment I shared with him after he revealed that it was one of the best conversations he has had in a long time as well. So, until there is someone new--he can be my sweetie bear!

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)