Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why did I start this blog

Saw the movie Shall we dance? this weekend. Here is a quote from the movie:

Beverly Clark: We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

I think being single now, having moved away from all my friends and family, living in a small small town with little social prospects has me much lonlier than I thought I would be. Days go by where I talk to no one, where no one witnessess my life, and I am--unnoticed. So I started this blog to have a place to say the things...the good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things (see vending machine post, which I would also classify as a good thing) in a place where they just might not go unnoticed.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)