Monday, August 13, 2007

The vending machine in my building is smarter than me

So, in the ol days when the vending machine took your money you had to gamble that your tasty new snack would not get stuck in the machinery. This, of course, led to people shaking the machines inorder to get the candy to 'fall'. Those people often died because the machine toppled over on them.

The machine in my building is smarter than me for two reasons:
1. There is some laser-eye on the bottom of the machine such that if the first turn of the coils doesnt produce a drop of candy goodness, the coils will continue to rotate until something falls. Brilliant! (and should cause many less deaths)
2. Becuase of the laser, if you enter a snack number that is empty (on accident you hit b11 instead of b12), the machine will recognize that no snack fell (nifty laser) and after a few attemps at turning the coils, it will ask you to enter a new candy choice--Amazing.

So, heres my quote of the day:

“I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential.”
-Mitch Hedberg

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)