Monday, August 13, 2007

How I spent my weekend....

Well, I didnt do a bit of work (and I really should have).
I knit--that will be a large part of this blog. What I am knitting and how it is going. I have been really inspired by the knitting blogs out there. Also, I am so far from other knitters that I cannot have a knit group in my sad little town. Right now I am obsessed with this book, 200 Knitted Blocks: Traditional And Contemporary Designs To Mix And Match. I am currently knitting three projects that come from this book.
1). A scarf for me, white, thick, knit in a pattern called Snowflake Lace. It's my first attempt at a lace pattern, but I love this one. The pattern looks like peppermints. Pictures soon I hope.
2). A blanket for a charity I love. I picked a pattern I like from the book, but instead of knitting a square, I am knitting it into a afghan.
3). How the book is designed to be used, I decided on a plan to knit a blanket, so I knit the first sqaure. Finishing (neatly and pretty) is not my best skill, but since the blanket will need lots of squares, I have time to practice.

So, I knit alot this weekend.
I also bought new towels and shower curtain for my bathroom. This doesnt seem like a big deal, but there are no options here in smalltownsville, so I had to drive a good bit to do the shopping.

Now, its 10:15ish and I must must must get some productive work done.
I only have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of this week because I leave here to go home on Thursday.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)