Thursday, August 30, 2007

Randomness

  • I love coming in early enough to read a few blogs before my day actually starts. It's encouraging and I am beginning to feel like I am not reading blogs and instead am catching up with friends. I am not sure if this is sad or if this is my transition into this weird blogging world.
  • Advanced students here send emails before school starts introducing themselves to their new professors. Just read one in particular that was almost eloquent and had a poetic quality minus any real cheese or rhetoric. The type of essay that made me take pause--in a good way. Few students make me take pause in a good way. Very Awesome.
  • Minnie Mouse is a soon-up-for-tenure member of my larger department. She and I don't usually have time or coordinated schedules to talk, but we spoke earlier this week. Very enlightening. She made me feel (althought she doesn't know) that it would be okay and in my best interest to go out on job market.
  • Did you know that 37% of women have been asked if they are pregnant when they are, in fact, not pregnant (Courtesy of Power of 10 game show). Bizarre.
  • More later as I actually have to get ready to go to meetings.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)