Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday blues

  • Mondays are a long teaching day for me--close to 5 hours of lecture, plus some meetings...
  • I am already behind in grading etc and last week got behind in research, the stress is building so I am blogging
  • I had to take a blog break--I noticed I posted way to much on Monday. This blog is supposed to help me vent, help me 'talk' about things so I can move past them, etc--not to take up so much time that I create more problems for myself.
  • Ah, Mountain Man, you made such a good impression on me. I blogged about how you made me take pause (in a good way) with your witty and almost poetic writing before the semester starts. Why have you failed to turn in two assignments? You went from changing my mind about students and their abilities/efforts to confirming my not-so-great-opinions of you in a matter of 3 weeks. Congrats!
  • Spending time with Dr. Maya Alcott--She is also pre-tenure, a few years older than I am. She spends a lot of time hanging out with faculty and promises to invite me to their lunch table in the caf'. I am hoping to be more social this year.
  • PFKA is still driving me insane in the membrane. I responded to PFKA's email asking for some work that PFKA had done to be attached to me--still haven't received it. I know this person is busy, but wouldn't wrapping up these projects with me be a good thing to have off the growing to-do list.
  • In a few weeks, I head to see bestfriend (who needs pseudonym). This is a very good thing.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)