Thursday, March 6, 2008

My so called life thoughts...

I loved this show when it came out--I felt like it spoke to my generation and was an honest depiction of what it was like to be a 15 year old in the mid-90s. So, I offer up a few of the best quotes, cause I am feeling a bit angsty and a bit out of place.

"Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison, and the crime is how much we all hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while and admit the truth -- that when you really look closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful. Possibly even me."

"It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you? And, I mean, this whole thing with yearbook -- it's like, everybody's in this big hurry to make this book, to supposedly remember what happened. Because if you made a book of what really happened, it'd be a really upsetting book."

"What I, like, dread is when people who know you in completely different ways end up in the same area. You have to develop this, like, combination you on the spot."

"There are so many different ways to be connected to people. There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to, even though there's not even a word for it. There's the people who you've known forever who know you in this way that other people can't because they've seen you change. They've let you change."

My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, "How was that drive-by shooting?" You don't care how it *was*, you're lucky to get out alive.

This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

The worst feeling is suddenly realizing that you don't measure up. And that, in the past, when you thought you did, you were a fool.

Sometimes I think if my mother wasn't so good at pretending to be happy she might be better at actually being happy.

Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart.

People are always saying you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster. Like you know what it is even. But every so often I'll have, like, a moment, where just being myself in my life right where I am is, like, enough.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)