Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The blinking light on my phone was...

not the amazing post doc opportunity. I am so stressed out. I check my phone (office and cell) and email (personal and school) obsessively. How long should I expect the initial review of applications to take. Applications were due this weekend--so Monday would be the first concievable day they could peruse applications. If they have 15 applications, what day would they call people on? Today is wednesday. If I don't hear from them by the end of Friday, have they found someone else. Don't they remember anxiously wanting to hear from places they had applied. So today my mood (punky moods hasn't caught up to Dane Cook humor) is "Ugh! Just..ugh! With a side of ugh.

The message on my office line was my mom. She has got to stop calling me at work. Not because I don't want to hear from her, becuase I do. Not because my office line is only for office stuff, I don't mind getting personal calls here. But because everytime I see that light blinking I think it is a job prospect. Damn, Damn, Damn.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)