Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cheater Guilt

Early last fall semester, I came across identical submissions from two students. The assignment was to create a reference page according to the format within our field. The assignment was small and sort-of ungraded...it was for me to check before they turned in the whole project. The students turned in the same page--with the same mistakes. When I confronted the students about it--they said that because they live together they had worked on it together and that is why they had the same mistakes. I gave them a firm talking to and told them not to work on individual projects together.

This semester they turned in an assignment in another faculty members class with identical passages again. I am feeling a bit guilty. I should have busted them because clearly they didn't learn from my lecture.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)