Sunday, December 2, 2007

See, that's summing up in a weird way

  • Too tired for a coherent, well organized blog, so its RBOC time.
  • Quote I am enjoying now: "Love is right around the corner, waiting to mug me" -- I hate my 30's (a, I believe, now cancelled show on vh1). Don't think that needs much of an explanation.
  • Phrase I love: "call a spade, a spade"
  • Well, I applied to NDJ, nearly dream job, and this weekend got the letter from them indicating that they got my materials. I had been hoping for a timeline expressed in the letter (i.e., doing phone interview first week in Jan, on campus interviews late Jan, etc.), but no such luck. I almost had a heart attack opening that letter.
  • School countdown is in place. I only have a few more classes to teach, a countable number of meeting times--then I can kiss these kids adieu. My advanced students are doing presentations and turning in final project, so the grading begins anew tomorrow.
  • My final exams are written. Kudos to me for getting that done so early.
  • I am leaving town in about 2 weeks, excited to be returning to hometown city. I have plans to see friends.
  • I received a manuscript to review. I have been avoiding it because I fear the authors scooped me. From my initial look at it, my project is a better designed version, but it is so scary. I need to write more, I need to submit articles for publication. I have let another semester go by where I just collect data and haven't attempted to publish. So disappointed with myself.

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)