Friday, April 25, 2008

A new blog-hero

Recently finished backtracking through a new blog (Hunting for Mr. Right). I love finding new blog-heroes*. She sometimes writes the blogs I am thinking in my own head. But my favorite of all her recent posts goes back a bit to a post making comparisons between life and swimming.

As an avid swimmer, I loved the idea. To sum up (but really, check out the whole blog or at least the post for all her funny details), life is like swimming because: 1) It's not as easy as it looks. 2) No matter what you wear, you're bound to look like an idiot. 3) If you don't pay attention, you're likely to run into the wall. 4) Sometimes, all you can do is focus on breathing.....[there are more, but those are the best, in my opinion]

Some of her commenters also noted: life is like treading water (all that movement, but not going anywhere--Brilliant!) and lots of time in either makes you wrinkly. I was a swimmer for years and its still my favorite place to workout and often my favorite place to think.

When I get back in swimming shape (usually the second or third week of regular swimming), it makes me feel powerful and strong and sexy.


*A blog-hero is a person whose blog you admire because it is more [fill-in-word] than yours. Eloquent, Funny, Technologically adept, Clever, etc. Technically my use of a foot-note type thing is an example of taking something that you saw on someone else's blog and thought was awesome. In Hunting for Mr. Right, she frequently foot-notes. My favorite foot-note defined 'secret dating'

I am...

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)